29 Dec 2006 Friday

We had to decide whether to take I-70, thru Kansas and Eastern Colorado or I-40 thru Oklahoma and northern Texas. We checked the weather and there were thunderstorms and tornados south of us in Texas and a winter snow storm dumping snow on Denver again north of us. We thought we could slide thru along I-40 to Albuquerque and head north on I-25.

Mother Nature had other plans for us. We got as far as Amarillo, TX and we stopped for the night. The highway signs announced that I-40 and I-25 were closed in New Mexico due to “Winter Weather Conditions”.  This is as far as we can go for now.

This entry was posted in Teresa's "Not-So-Daily" Diary. Bookmark the permalink.